Wireless - Change Channel, Power Level and Mode PK5001Z ZyXEL Modem
1. Open a web browser and go to http://192.168.0.1.
2. Do the following:
- Enter the Administrator Username: admin (default)
- Enter the Administrator Password: (located on the bottom of the modem)
- Select "Apply".
3. Select "Wireless Setup".
4. Select "Radio Setup".
5. Select the desired "Channel". Selecting the best channel depends on your environment. Try using channels 1, 6, or 11 then go from there.
6. Select the desired "Wireless Power Level". Selecting the best Wireless Power Level depends on your environment. Higher power settings are not always better. Lowering the power settings will change the coverage area to more circular verses elliptical, giving better coverage near the modem but reducing the maximum distance.
7. Select the desired "Mode".
8. Select "Apply".